craiglouis@shaw.ca

The world so far...

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Hong Kong Day 1


Welcome to Hong Kong! Sorry it’s taken me so long to update the blog, but I’ve been extremely busy over the past week. Our stay in Hong Kong was awesome – how could it not be!? We only docked at 2:00 pm and as soon as the crew were cleared, Lori, Liz, Steve and I went to a massage place (yes Wendy, the same one!) to get our full body and scalp massage, which we had to wait an hour as the place was so full. As it turns out, March 4 is Chinese Valentine’s Day so the entire city was dressed in pink and red lanterns, fabric and cut-outs. To kill time we wandered around Kowloon Park (oh the memories), down Nathan Street and to Maxwell’s Clothiers (my tailor) – even though he was closed on a Sunday. That night Steve, Jon, Ronan and I went to the Temple Street Night Market where I bought a ton of stuff, a running theme with Craig and Hong Kong. Even later that night we ventured to Central on Hong Kong Island and had a good ol’ fashioned drinking night, bar hopping from one to the other, starting with George’s Bar and ending with Insomnia, which had two of the best live cover bands I have ever heard.