craiglouis@shaw.ca

The world so far...

Friday, February 16, 2007

Sydney, Australia (Day 2)

Ronan, Jon, Steve and I met in the office at 6:00am for our early morning Harbour Bridge climb. What an amazing experience – highly recommended! I was so impressed with the headphones we wore so that our guide (Melinda, Mel for short) could explain things to us about the bridge and city. They sat beside your ears like sideburns and reverberated on your head to send the sound directly to your inner-ear. 1439 steps and 1.8 kilometres later we arrived back at the beginning and off the bridge. Jon and I then went shopping on Oxford Street and walked back to the ship from there (quite a distance). Needless to say, my feet no longer have an arch to them at all! Sydney was an awesome time, as I think it would be extremely difficult to have anything but that.